When you think of the type of flooring you’d typically associate with the automotive industry, you tend to picture a bland showroom floor or the greasy concrete floor of a car workshop, but just because the automotive industry needs hardwearing flooring, that doesn’t mean it can’t be both functional and attractive.
There are a wide range of different environments in the automotive industry, each with different requirements. That includes:
- Production assembly lines
- Vehicle component manufacturers
- Machine shops
- Workshops and garages
- Service centres
- MOT bays
- Tyre and exhaust centres
- Car showrooms
Whether you’re kitting out a car plant that can withstand heavy impacts and exposure to chemicals and oils, or a showroom floor that’ll make your cars look their best, resin flooring is the solution that offers the numerous and wide ranging benefits you need.
Why resin flooring?
Resin flooring is perfectly suited to the automotive industry both in terms of its looks and its functionality. Firstly, resin flooring is resistant to motor oil and is easy to maintain and clean. This, combined with chemical resistance and anti-slip options, makes it perfect for use in workshops and service centres.
Coloured working areas can also be created along with demarcation lines to improve workflow and meet those exacting health and safety standards. Hazard markings and vehicle inspection pit markings can also be added in line with VOSA requirements.
But automotive flooring is not all about functionality. Aside from the production, servicing and repair and vehicles, they also need to be sold, and to do that you need a showroom floor that shows your vehicles, and your brand, in the very best light.
- Flow applied epoxy flooring creates a tough, attractive and seamless flooring solution with excellent impact and scratch resistance with a high gloss or matt finish. Just what you need to dazzle the customers in your high-end showroom.
- Decorative quartz epoxy floors offer excellent durability and use resistant features as you’d expect from a resin floor. Aesthetically they can be both colourful and vibrant, featuring super-smooth resin floor toppings, speckled quartz and sparkling flake floor finishes.
- Alternatively, you might simply be looking for a coating for your existing floor, in which case an easy to clean, hardwearing, non-dusting and slip-resistant epoxy resin floor coating could be just what you need to create a flawless finish on the tightest of budgets.
Choosing the right resin flooring product for you
It is extremely important that you choose the right resin flooring product for your specific environment. This will help to maximise the performance of the product, increase its life expectancy and improve the value for money you receive. With our experience in the supply and installation of a wide range of resin flooring systems, we can help you find a floor that’s tailored to your specific requirements.
For expert help and to discuss your options, Please get in touch with our team.